Tuesday, July 2, 2019

New baby!

Hello! So I have exciting news! My best friend is having another baby!! The new baby will be her third child, and we are soooo excited! Right after she announced it to me, I started looking on Pinterest for baby crochet ideas! OMG did I get re-overwhelmed! After we found out she was having a girl, I narrowed down the options a little. There are so many amazing crocheters out there, the options were endless! So I decided to start with 1 idea and YouTube the how to's and see where it took me. I was already decent at flowers, so I thought a sun hat would be appropriate as she lives in the tropics, and I could decorate it with flowers! It took a few weeks, 1/2 a hat at a time, but I finally finished a few hats and headbands too!








Once I got going, I learned more than just a new item to create, I learned how important the size of the hook is! The white hat was suppose to be an infant size and it fits my 3 year old! So that called for the orange hat that will for an infant, maybe not a newborn, but close after probably. Every thing I make is a first time experience, at this point anyway, so there is a large learning curve. I'm pretty happy about my first time hats, especially when my 6 year old just goes bonkers over how cute they are!! This is just the beginning! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment