Monday, May 13, 2019

Crochet!

Once I gave crochet a shot, I was hooked!! It was so neat to create something out of string, basically! So I furiously pinned future options but at this point was very overwhelmed. I saw these beautiful blankets, scarves, headbands that put my little strips of single crochet to shame!! No matter, it became my mission to get good at this new hobby! Then it morphed into a calming time for me, so no matter what I made, I was enjoying it!  I was going on YouTube nightly, watching videos 2 and 3 seconds at a time learning. There are some amazing people out there that go super slow and explain crochet so painstakingly, that I got the hang of it! I still go check out the newest, or on trend stitches, usually most of crochet is pretty old, my generation is just being introduced to it so it seems like brand new stitches ๐Ÿ˜‚ We are this new group that have learned this amazing secret our grandparents had all those years ago, that is just fabulous! We can now create, relax and tune out anything that is bugging us and just yarn over and pull through! ๐Ÿงถ
After I bought some larger crochet hooks I made a new and bigger case for them, this is how it turned out:





I'm pretty proud, I use it daily and it makes getting out the door so much faster! Just grab one skeen of yarn and the kit, and your off! No more excuses of forgetting the yarn bag, one skeen and the kit fits in your purse, and your set, no more being bored waiting at the doctor's office, sports practice, or any other time that you would normally be playing candy crush, or words with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment